all work must be original and must be done in apa 7th edition and written with ABA terms must follow directions
To keep behaviors in an individual’s repertoire, reinforcement must occur. When reinforcement is discontinued, the behavior stops occurring. This process is called extinction.
- Think of a behavior that you have experienced. This can be a behavior exhibited by yourself, a client, or another person.
- Describe the behavior in objective terms.
- Describe how the extinction contingency played a role in the discontinuation of this behavior.
- Describe extinction burst.
- Explain any bursts that may have occurred in your extinction contingency example.