Hi, the following is the post of another student that i have to reply.
Male and Female Genitalia Physical Assessment
- Ovulation refers to the process where the eggs get released from the ovaries in women. Ovulation takes place when the ovarian follicles rupture to release the secondary oocyte ovarian cells. Estrogen levels cause surges in the level of the follicle-stimulating hormones and the luteinizing hormone. The FSH facilitates the maturation of the egg while the luteinizing hormone releases the egg during the ovulation period.
- The chances of getting pregnant are low, although some women still do get pregnant. There are many factors to assess to determine whether the patient can get a baby. However, age affects women more significantly and affects the ability to get pregnant after menopause (Siegel, Moses, Baldwin & Rodriguez, 2019).
- The endopelvic fascia is the tissue separating the anterior wall of the vagina from the bladder and urethra.
- The four bones of the pelvis include the two hip bones, coccyx, and the sacrum (Ball, Dains, Flynn, Solomon & Stewart, 2014)
- The education will help the mothers learn how to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria from the baby’s’ anus to the genitalia region
- The signs indicate symptoms of various genitalia conditions, and one of them is sexual abuse due to the bruising and infection due to the foul smell. It is essential o investigate further to determine the cause
- PMS is a period characterized by mood swings, excessive eating, depression, and fatigue. The symptoms occur due to the fluctuation of hormones in women.
- The diamond position, the V position, M position, and lateral positions (Ball, Dains, Flynn, Solomon & Stewart, 2014). The positioning will depend on various factors, such as patient comfort, conditions, and preference. Obese women, for example, require a position that will keep tissue from blocking the view of the perineal region
- He first thing to do is to make sure that the patient is aware of what the examination entails. The patient should also empty her bladder before the examination to reduce discomfort. Telling the patient what one is going to do can help in keeping them relaxed (Ball, Dains, Flynn, Solomon & Stewart, 2014).
- Vaginal mucus discharge in a 12-year-old is not something to worry about because the girl is in the puberty stage where there is the onset of menstruation. Probably the girl is about to have her periods
- The blood-tinged mucus at the newborn is not an unusual thing but a common occurrence after childbirth. The mother should wipe away the discharge as it will disappear with time. The discharge is sometimes referred to as false menses due to the drop in the mother’s estrogen after birth.
- The additional questions to ask about the discharge include the smell, any color changes, the amount of the discharge, and consistency.
b) stage 1 contains acute endometritis without peritonitis
stage 2 is with peritonitis
stage 3 comprises of tuboovarian complex
stage 4 is when the tuboovarian abscess ruptures
stage 5 has various etiological agents emulating the acute salpingitis
c) the pelvic examination conducted would reveal tenderness in the ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix, and lower abdomen
- Men, unlike women, can conceive even at old age. Age in men reduces sperm motility, but the men can still impregnate a young woman. However, there may be a few complications, such as miscarriage or developmental issues in the child (Siegel, Moses, Baldwin & Rodriguez, 2019).
- The epididymis is the male part that is useful in storage, maturation, and transit of sperms
- Many of the differentiated genitals start occurring from 8 to 12 weeks. Before that, the fetus’s genitalia is always the same. The males will begin developing into penis, scrotum, and urethra while the female will start developing the vagina, clitoris, labia, and urethra (Simmons & Fitzpatrick, 2019).
The circumcision reduces the risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections (STD) and HIV
It may lead to severe complications to the newborn due to the procedure
The risk of developing urinary tract infection reduces
The patient may develop inflammation at the opening of the penis
The risk of cancer in the penis region reduces substantially
The risk of pain and injury to the pain can affect the newborn
- The growth in the baby is gradually, and each change occurs at its own time. The parent may have to wait a little bit longer for the testicles to appear. In case, the testes do not look after six months; then she should get worried and seek assistance (Simmons & Fitzpatrick, 2019)
- The first thing is to reduce the anxiety that a child can experience by making them comfortable and making them feel great. The best position for kids is the supine and frog legged position. The room temperature ought to be comfortable to improve relaxation (Ball, Dains, Flynn, Solomon & Stewart, 2014)
- Erections are not an abnormal occurrence during a physical examination. For patients, however, it may be strange. The nurses should reassure the patients that it is normal.
- Cremasteric reflex is a reaction caused by stroking the inner male thighs.
Ball, J., Dains, J., Flynn, J., Solomon, B., & Stewart, R. (2014). Seidel’s guide to physical
examination. Elsevier – Health Sciences Division
Siegel, M., Moses, S., Baldwin, M., & Rodriguez, M. (2019). A decline in fertility with age: an overlooked and under-addressed topic in women’s health visits. Fertility And Sterility, 112(3), e309. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2019.07.899
Simmons, L., & Fitzpatrick, J. (2019). Female genitalia can evolve more rapidly and divergently than male genitalia. Nature Communications, 10(1). doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-09353-0