The post should be written in outline form. To prepare the Persuasive outline, use the full-sentence outline method. The outline should have enough content in order to deliver an 8-10 minute persuasive speech. The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea (aka: Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction – capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body – key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least 3 sources including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion – signal the end, summarize main points
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) – include a works cited at the end of your outline, use APA format.
- Identification of a presentation aid (visual)
- Use persuasive techniques and language
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with in-text citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
This topic is valued at 40 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria (Read Me First Section of the Course).
Peer Response: Unit 6, Due Sunday by 11:59 pm CT
Persuasive Speech Outline Draft Peer Review
Please post 1 peer response.
In the response post, critique the outline by providing strengths and areas of improvement based on the quality of the following:
- Body w/ transitions
- Supporting materials – in-text references and APA citations
- Were you persuaded? How was it or was it not effective?
- Other suggestions for improvement
- Any suggestions you have for smoothing out the content.