• This Assignment comprise of a Case Study.• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will able to understand the
1. Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)2. Recognize the steps of planning process in the project management. (L.O-1.2)3. Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
Assignment Question: (Marks 10)
Please read the Case-1.2 “The Hokies Lunch Group.” from Chapter 1 “Modern ProjectManagement” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 24-27 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-A, Part-B, Part-C of the case study.
1. For each part (A,B,C) What phase of the project life cycle is each project in ?Expain (1 Mark each for A,B,C) Total (3Marks).
2. What are the two important things you learned about working on projects from the case ? Why are they important ?Explain for each part (A,B,C) (2 Marks each for A,B,C) Total (6 Marks).
3. Describe the characters of “The Hokies Lunch Group”? (1 Mark)
1. Part-A: (1 mark)
Part-B: (1 mark)
Part-C: (1 mark)
2. Part-A: (2 mark)
Part-B: (2 mark)
Part-C: (2 mark)
3. (1 Mark)