Power, Politics, and Culture
In your second assignment, you created a professional development plan using EI building blocks and motivation. In this last assignment, you will examine how politics and power influence an organization and its culture. In business, power and politics greatly influence an organizational culture and may hinder organizational productivity. In your role as consultant, you observed power and politics influence on the corporate culture.
Write a 5–7 page report that addresses the following:
- Influence of Politics and Power:
- Explain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
- Sources of Power:
- Explore at least one source of power and describe how management could use this influence to benefit the department and improve organizational performance.
- Leadership Behavior and Culture:
- Make recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
- Leadership Influence:
- Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior in solving the issue you identified. How does it influence organizational structure and performance?
- References and Citations:
- Formatting and Writing Standards:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Confidentiality: Since you will be addressing real issues in real organizations in your assignments, it is important to respect confidentiality. Feel free to use an alias for any company or individuals you might mention in your assignments. Remember that all discussions about these organization should only occur within this course and not be shared with people outside the course.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the influence of politics, power, and leadership behavior on organizational culture.