Read the Call-of-the-Question carefully, and follow the instructions for each subject. Prepare four Briefing Papers using the APA Format for Research Papers, and upload them as one document for your response.
Briefing Paper 1: Critical Legal Thinking
- Read Thompson v. North American Stainless, LP Cheeseman text page 415.
- Respond to the three Case Questions found in Cheeseman Text page 415.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions as noted in the Critical Legal Thinking, Ethics, and Contemporary Business questions. Argue both sides of all issues.
Briefing Paper 2: Law Case with Answers
- Read National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Newark Branch v. Town of Harrison, New Jersey – Cheeseman text page 417.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on whether this case could have been argued using the Interstate Commerce Clause of the U. S. Constitution.
- Provide convincing arguments for both sides of your recommendations.
Briefing Paper 3: Critical Legal Thinking Cases
- Read Sections 20.4 ERISA (p. 434); 20.6 Workers’ Compensation (p. 434); 20.3 Occupational Safety (pp.433- 434); 18.7 Independent Contractor (p. 397); and Family and Medical Leave Act (p. 430).
- Check the decisions of the highest appellate courts, if a case is cited, for each fact pattern.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on whether each of the subjects affect business in the United States and if so, provide the worst and best case scenarios.
Briefing Paper 4: Ethics Case
- Read Section 21.8 Ethics Cheeseman text pages 449-450.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on the 3 questions found at the end of Section 21.8. Argue both sides of all issues.
Cheeseman, H. R. (2013). The legal environment of business and online commerce: Business ethics, e-commerce, regulatory, and international issues (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.