Writing a proposal that functions as a focus of change is a significant part of being a social worker/policy advocate. This is your opportunity to use your advocacy skills to change and improve the lives of others.
In this Assignment, you write a proposal for some form of social advocacy that will seek to change a social, organizational, or legislative policy. The proposal may also involve advocacy for the amelioration of a social problem. The purpose of this assignment is to thoughtfully and thoroughly plan how you will advocate changing a social problem or policy that is of interest to you.
The policy practice/advocacy can take whatever form you wish and can be on any level: agency, community, state, or federal. You will submit a prospectus (4 pages) that describes the problem that is being addressed and the expected advocacy activities. You are expected to carry out the activities planned in this proposal and will present your actions and outcomes in the Week 10 Final Project assignment.
- Provide a brief synopsis of your social problem and identification of a policy that you submitted in Week 3.
- Describe the social problem or policy you would like to change, and the specific action you plan take to effect change.
Be specific when describing the social problem or policy you would like to change and address the following:
- If you selected a policy, when was the policy enacted, by whom, and for what reason?
- How are you going to work to change the policy/problem (i.e., plan for social advocacy)?
- How will your efforts address the policy/social problem described?
- Is continued policy practice/advocacy needed to make a long-term impact? Why or why not?
The prospectus will need to be well researched and written using APA guidelines. Data should come from at least five sources.
PLEASE USE APA 7 FORMATTING