REVIEW THE WRITING ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS (under Content) BEFORE STARTING.
This assignment will assess the Marketing Mix of an International Organization.
- Select a Global Fortune 500 Company.
- Pick a specific product that the company offers in at least three different countries.
- Assess the Marketing Mix for this specific product in each of the three countries. It may be best to set up a chart and identify the Marketing Mix components for each of the countries. More specifically, you will want to consider:
a) Product – What are the basic product benefits, brand name, warranty, service, or innovative qualities?
b) Price – Currency exchange, any planned discounts during the year, method of payment accepted, or e-marketing (if applicable).
c) Promotion – Advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling, etc…
d) Place (distribution) – Market entry method, channels of distribution, and channel cooperation.
A few resources to get you started:
These are just a few examples of the endless amounts of resources and data you can find online. You are not limited to just these examples. If you have others, please share with the class.
Written Assignment Objectives:
- Discuss the relative merits of standardization versus customization alternatives for global product (including services) strategies
- Describe multinational diffusion theory
- Describe global branding strategies
- List and explain the driving forces behind foreign market pricing
- List and describe methods of non-cash compensation frequently used in international transactions
- Describe the constraints on global integrated marketing communication strategies
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the major integrated marketing communication tools available to international and global marketers
- Discuss the importance of logistics in reaching foreign markets and the unique challenges presented by global logistics
PREPARE your written assignment as follows:
- Thoroughly read the chapters in the weekly conferences and conduct additional outside research on country and business resources.
- Review the following global marketing topics to ensure you understand the marketing principles and can demonstrate you can apply them in this case.
- Be sure you understand all of the global marketing concepts covered in this written assignment and review these concepts in the course modules if needed (Module 3):
- Marketing environment
- Management orientations
- Foreign market entry
- Global branding principles
- Product development
- SWOT analysis
- Prepare thoughtful answers to the questions being asked!
- Follow ALL the guidelines for writing and submitting your Written Assignment (see Content for details).
Refer to the grading rubric associated with the assignments. Be sure to note that a percentage of your grade on this assignment will be based on your grammar, composition, adherence to the submission requirements, and use of an appropriate college-level style guide for writing and referencing (APA format)
- The Sage Handbook of International Marketing: Chapter 17: Global Branding
- The Sage Handbook of International Marketing: Chapter 19: Global Communications
- Module 3: Implementing a Global Marketing Mix (embedded below)
- Challenges and Opportunities in International Business –Chapter 14: Competing Effectively through Global Marketing, Distribution, and Supply-Chain Management in (Content>Course Resources>eReadings) or
- The Sage Handbook of International Marketing: Chapter 20: Global Channels of Distribution
- The Sage Handbook of International Marketing: Chapter 18: Pricing in the Global Marketplace