After studying Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- As decisions are made to address changes in reimbursement in your work place, how are these changes shared with the nursing staff?
- What suggestions do you have that could increase nurses’ awareness of health care financing issues?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources
Increase Nurses’ Awareness of Health Care Financing Issues
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2020).
- Chapters 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20
Online Materials & Resources
- Understanding Medicaid Hospital Payments and the Impact of Recent Policy Changes.pdf Download Understanding Medicaid Hospital Payments and the Impact of Recent Policy Changes.pdf
Cunningham, P., Rudowitz, R., Young, K., Garfield, R., & Foutz, J. (2016). Understanding medicaid hospital payments and the impact of recent policy changes (Issue Brief). The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and The Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured.
- The Effect of the Magnet Recognition Signal on Hospital Reimbursement and Market Share Download The Effect of the Magnet Recognition Signal on Hospital Reimbursement and Market Share
Karim, S. A., Pink, G. H., Reiter, K. L., Holmes, G. M., Jones, C. B., & Woodard, E. K. (2018). The effect of the Magnet Recognition® Signal on hospital reimbursement and market share. Nursing Economic$, 36(3), 110–120.
- Economic Impact of Opioid Use Disorder Epidemic Download Economic Impact of Opioid Use Disorder Epidemic
Neville, K., & Foley, M. (2020). The economic impact of the opioid use disorder epidemic in America: Nurses’ call to action. Nursing Economic$, 38(1), 7–51.