Research an influential artist and present how his or her work impacts and influences the world.
Select a contemporary artist from the choices below you want to learn more about. In this assignment, you have the choice to showcase them in an essay
Step 1. Choose the medium to showcase your chosen artist using the questions below as your guide to writing the content. Choose a 500 word essay
- Where is the artist from?
- What does he or she make?
- How would you describe the artist’s work?
- Is the artist’s work similar to or different from that of other artists? Explain!
- What do you perceive to be the artist’s motivation and inspiration?
- Which are the artist’s most significant works?
- What movement or school of art might the artist be categorized under?
- Identify achievements, events, and milestones for which the artist is known.
Step 2. Choose 3 or more images from the artist’s work to include that support your content. Include information about the artwork (artist, title, date, dimensions, medium, current location) with the image in your project.
Step 3. Assemble your project.
Step 4. Source Citations List: On a separate page at the end of your project, list all of your sources in alphabetical order. Include the article title, author, date, and website URL or publisher.
You may choose an artist not on the list, however, please contact your instructor prior to the due date for approval. Your content should be written in your own words. Any images or written content not of your own creation should be cited per the instructions above. All assignments are subject to plagiarism review by Turnitin.com.
How to Submit:
Use these additional specifications listed below based on the media you created.
- 1st page – Course Name, Activity Name, Chosen Artist, Your Name, and Date
- Last page – Alphabetical ordered Source List
- 500 words minimum, double-spaced, in 12-point font
- Save the essay in PDF format, and upload it to the Completion box below