You have read Chapter 4 in your text and reflected on various types of early childhood programs. For this assignment, reflect on what you have learned about implementing early childhood programs and applying theories to practice.
Head Start is a federal program that has wide-reaching effects on children nationwide. It has tremendous power in the Halls of Congress. Head Start has specific guidelines to ensure that services are appropriate and inclusive. These guidelines can be applied to any early childhood classroom.
Research facts about Head Start and incorporate the following into a PowerPoint presentation:
- History and operations.
- Child education and development.
- Services to children and families.
- Nutritional programs.
- Parent involvement/family partnerships.
- Head Start and Early Head Start curriculum.
- Conclusion: Implications of Head Start guidelines for non-Head Start early childhood programs.
Length: 8-12 slides
References slide Minimum of five (5) scholarly resources.
Include your textbook as one of the resources.