Assignment 2: Observation and Analysis of Local Business
Due Week 10 and worth 210 points
Select and observe a small business in your area. Do not use a chain or franchise. You should observe the business in person. If you wish, you can also speak to the manager or owner if they are available. Based on your observation, answer the following questions in a 4page paper:
1. Identify the business name, location, and hours and days of operation.
2. Thoroughly describe its products and/or services. Describe their store and storefront. What image are they portraying to the customers?
3. Give examples of the type of marketing that this business uses to promote their business and describe why they chose these methods.
4. Identify their customer. Describe their target market and their secondary market. (These two groups should be a very specific and clearly defined. Do not feel like you are excluding anyone. You are just defining who they are focusing their marketing activities on.)
5. Identify and describe two competitors. How do they differ from your chosen business?
6. Does the business have a competitive advantage over the competition? Explain why or why not.
7. What challenges does this business face in the near future? Explain and support your reasoning.
8. If you were a Marketing Professional consulting with this business, what would you suggest that they do differently? Focus on things we discussed throughout the class such as marketing activities, interactions with customers, public relations, image of the brand, social media, etc. Explain and support your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Paper must be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Include an introduction and conclusion paragraph to create a concise and coherent presentation of your ideas.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
please use template attached to do work