Intervention Plan Practice #1: Sample Learners
This assignment provides an opportunity for you to practice what you’ve learned thus far in preparation for the Week Six Final Project by reviewing a PreK-12 scenario with student Kevin (Scenario A) or an adult learner scenario with coworker Jane (Scenario B) and suggesting an appropriate intervention. The Final Project: Intervention Plan Template will be used to format your response. You will refer to this learner scenario assignment again in Weeks Three and Four as well. Additionally, a completed model Intervention Plan Template is shown in the Weekly Lesson and should serve as a guide.
Select from either the PreK-12 or adult learning scenario and corresponding description:
As you read the scenario you selected, focus on an academic, behavioral, and/or social interventions to inform your work in the provided template, completing Sections 1 through 4 and 6 (skipping 5). It is important to note that this is the same template that you will use in the Week Six Final Project where you have the opportunity to identify an original learner and create the plan to support him/her.
- Template Section 1: Identified Need – Describe the problem or issue needing improvement.
- Template Section 2: Goal/Outcome – Describe what you want to happen at the end of this intervention.
- Template Section 3: Screening Data – List the data you would want to collect, observe, and analyze to help identify the need for intervention.
- Template Section 4: Intervention Description – Describe the type of interventions you will implement. Consider what materials you may need.
- Template Section 6: Recommended Timeline – Analyze the estimated time needed to implement and measure the intervention.
- Template Section 9: Communication & Collaboration – List the stakeholders with whom communication and collaboration is necessary for the success of the intervention.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement: Your completed template should be one to two pages, not including the title and reference pages.
- APA Formatting: Title page should be formatted according to APA requirements outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) and should include the title of the article you selected.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement: Reference resources correctly following APA guidelines. Support your ideas with at least one other scholarly source in addition to the Lopez (2013) text. All sources on the APA References List (Links to an external site.) need to be used and follow the In-text Citation Guide (Links to an external site.) within the body of the assignment.