This week’s second discussion forum focuses on the populations of the chronically ill and the disabled.
You may be familiar with the common quote “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” In reality, however, you may know of a person, family, or group who is not receiving adequate preventive or medical care due to a lack of resources and funds.
- Choose one specific chronic illness or disability of your choice.
- Select two resources in your community that address issues related to the chronic illness/disability and describe the services offered.
- Select two national resources that address issues related to the chronic illness/disability and describe the services offered.
- Analyze whether or not the continuum of care services are adequate for the population with the chosen chronic illness/disability. Explain why or why not.
Your initial contribution should be 250 to 300 words in length. Your research and claims must be supported by a minimum of two scholarly sources beyond your course text. Use proper APA formatting for in-text citations and references as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Burkholder, D. M., & Nash, N. B. (2013). Special populations in health care. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.