1. Question : Performance evaluation systems break down because they are
2. Question : _____________ means that the criterion being used reflects the
difference between high and low performers.
3. Question : Which of the following is not one of the reasons that many merit
pay systems fail to increase performance?
Employees fail to make the connection between pay and performance.
The secrecy of the reward is perceived by other employees as inequity.
The budget is too small to fund the merit awards.
The merit award is too small to impact performance.
4. Question : When companies have thrift plans, about ____________________ of
5. Question : Most elderly Americans believe that security in their later years
rests on a three-legged stool consisting of all of the following except:
6. Question : Continuous overtime often results in ___________.
lower labor costs and higher productivity
lower labor costs and lower productivity
higher labor costs and lower productivity
higher labor costs and higher productivity
7. Question : Employees must have been employed for ____________________ to be
eligible for unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
8. Question : A survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and
Employers found that occupational choice is most heavily
influenced by __________.
9. Question : The bureaucratic job-based approach used in determining pay will
not be used to design pay systems in the future. Instead, the new designs will be ____________________ based.
10. Question : All of the following are features of a behaviorally anchored rating
Six to ten performance dimensions are identified and defined by raters and ratees.
The dimensions are anchored with positive and negative critical incidents.
The wording on the form contains jargon commonly used by the ratee.
Ratings are fed back using the terms displayed on the form.