During the first lesson of this module, you learned the importance of active reading. During this discussion, you will practice these skills.
- Find an article online on the topic of your choice.
- Without reading the article, use the before-you-read techniques you learned in this module to answer the following questions in a post to the discussion. Be sure to provide a link to the article.
- Where and when was the article published?
- Who is the author?
- What are the major headings in the article?
- What types of images or graphics are used?
- What key terms, dates, etc. are used throughout the article?
- What questions would you want answered based on the preview of the article?
- Discuss how the prereading strategies you used during this discussion would be helpful to you when you read.