Write a 500-600 word essay analyzing and summarizing the readings. As part of your analysis, you should also answering the questions below. You are required to provide supporting evidence from the readings when answering these questions. Additionally, you can use other academic sources to support your points.
- What are some of the reasons why people spread misinformation online?
- How important is the authority/source of information in the decision to share information?
- Does gender play a role in the decision to spread misinformation? If so, what?
- Is education level a factor in the spreading of misinformation online? If so, how?
- Is false information repeated more frequently than correct information? If, so why?
- What are some of the strategies used in resurrecting an old rumor?
Additionally, find 2 sources that either confirm or refute the required reading articles. You should provide a link to the sources (MUST be academic sources)
provide a brief summary of the articles/sources, their findings and how they confirm/refute the required reading.