After completing the “Cultural Ethos Quiz,” complete this assignment that will help you form your philosophy about spirituality in health care. It will set the stage for you to learn what your worldview is and what the challenges are to that worldview, including beliefs and assumptions.
In 800-1,000 words, complete the three parts for this assignment.
Based on the topic study materials, in 300-400 words, respond to the following prompts:
- Briefly describe the cultural, sociological, philosophical, and religious aspects of the term spirituality.
- Describe the relevance of spirituality in the context of health care and wellness.
- Briefly describe the concepts of scientism and postmodernism.
- Describe relevance of scientism and postmodernism in the context of health care and wellness.
Based on your responses to the Part One prompts and according to what you believe, in 250-300 words, answer the basic worldview questions:
- What is prime reality?
- What is the nature of the world around us?
- What is a human being?
- What happens to a person at death?
- Why is it possible to know anything at all (epistemology)?
- How do we know what is right or wrong?
- What is the meaning of human history?
Finally, evaluate how all these concepts impact and form your philosophy about spirituality in health care and wellness. How will this personal philosophy about spirituality in health care and wellness practically impact your interactions with those to whom you provide care?
Remember to support your responses with the topic study materials.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.