You have one address, 18.104.22.168 and you want to subnet that address. You want 10 subnets.
- What class is this address?
- How many bits do you have to borrow to get 10 subnets? (borrowing 1 bit gives you 2 subnets, 2 bits gives you 4 subnets, etc.)
- What is the CIDR notation? (hint: network bits PLUS borrowed subnet bits and it’s a / notation)
- What is the subnet mask?
- How many host bits are left? (you had 8 to begin with)
- How many useable hosts does that allow per subnet? (you lose 2 hosts per subnet, one for the network and one for the broadcast)
Fill in the chart using the file below