In this project, you will be assigned the task to record money received for a school fundraiser and create an Excel spreadsheet to record your receipts.
- You will determine the funds received and use the text to column feature (concatenate, apply conditional formatting, sort and filter data).
- You will determine your analysis and use sorting and filtering data, conditional formatting, as well as subtotals.
To complete the assignment, perform the following steps:
- Open this Excel workbook titled “Fundraiser Receipt” and save the worksheet as “FirstInital_LastName_School expenses.xlsx.”
- Add a column to the right of the ”Last Name” column and name as “Full Name” Use the Concatenate function to join Last Name, First Name together.
- Click here for more information on how to use the concatenate function.
- Sort Columns C (C5:C25), using A–Z formatting.
- Using the Conditional Formatting, determine which students have provided over $50 for the fundraiser in both Funds Received and Funds Pending Column.
- The conditional formatting function allows you to apply different formatting options to data that meets certain conditions.
- Click here for more information on how to use the conditional formatting function.
- Highlight the entire data set (A1:E22), and apply a design to your data: In the Styles group, select Format as Table and use a dark formatting option.
- Apply the Total row from the Design tab, providing a Sum for the Funds Raised and Funds Pending.
- Add the Title “College Fundraiser Project” column by inserting blank lines. Change the font size of your spreadsheet data to 22, fill color with white background, darker 35%.
- Change the orientation to landscape.
- Name the worksheet “Fundraiser_Receipt_Solution.”
- Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel. Submit your Excel spreadsheet.
|5–7 slides (excl. Title and Reference slides, min. 2 references); Speaker notes 200–250 words/slide|
|Details:||Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
The process for filling a job vacancy varies greatly, but there is the requirement for information that must be gathered and used to define the position and match the right candidate to that requirement, which is essentially the same.
As the human resources professional, you are expected to work with the supervisor of the position being created to provide the technical competencies in candidate selection.
Research and address the following: