The current Cultural Shift in North America and their impact on how we practice faith in community.
Book review due (4 pages) Weird Church by Estock/Nixon, with a focus on how Spiral Dynamics informs the way we frame the Christian faith and create faith communities in the years ahead.
- Conversation with the author (students are responsible to come prepared to engage the material. This is one of those times when you probably want to do more than simply skim the book.)
- The seven shifts
- The variety of futures
- Distinctive of the Millennial Generation
- “Mainstream” Culture versus the Cultural Enclave
- For Denominations
- For Evangelicals
- For Ethnic-identity churches
- For the Children of Immigrants
- Where and why Attractional Worship still works
- What to do when Attractional Worship no longer works