There have been many dramatic storms over the years. Some storms that occurred near you may be local-legends; if so, you have probably heard the stories from the older citizens of your town or neighborhood. There have also been storms that were so costly that they dominated the national news cycle for days/weeks. Perhaps you have had first-hand experience with a storm and want to be able to tell others about it.
For this assignment, select an epic storm of the past (e.g., blizzard, tornado, hurricane, heatwave, derecho, or haboob) and create a PowerPoint presentation that could be used to teach someone about the event.
- Your PowerPoint presentation should:
- Have a title slide.
- Contain at least 5 content slides.
- Reflect proper spelling and grammar.
- Cite at least 2 credible references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
- Your content needs to address the following:
- Identify the storm and specify when and where it occurred.
- Explain the consequences of the storm (i.e., death toll, damage total, economic impact).
- Describe the atmospheric conditions typically associated with that type of storm. Are storms like that common to the region, or were there unusual factors that contributed to this particular instance?
- Indicate whether the storm was more likely weather or climate related. Explain if climate change may influence the frequency of that type of storm in the region in the future.