1) What is Unconditional Positive Regard and how would you demonstrate this attitude to your client?
2) 2) This topic has to do with giving solutions or advice giving. When, if ever, is it okay to give advice during the counseling interview?
3) 3)It is important to recognize the difference between a mental health interview (also called a “counseling session”) and the non-counseling interview (i.e., performance interview, job interview, etc.). What are some possible differences between the mental health interview and some of the other interviews described in the reading with regard to:
· Office Setting
4) The beginning of a therapy session can be a little awkward, especially for new therapists. So, describe how you would begin the session with the following scenario and describe the initial steps necessary to help create rapport.
Amber is a 15-year-old client. She was brought to your office by her mother, who claims that Amber has become “rebellious” (i.e., skipping school, hanging out with the wrong crowd, etc.). Amber meets with you alone while her mother waits in the lobby. It is obvious by observing her nonverbal that Amber doesn’t want to be at your office.
5) 5) Explain the purpose of interviews in social services.
6) Describe the different types of interviews found in the human services setting.
7) Identify the steps in preparing for an interview.
8) Explain how the interview process allows human service professionals to assist clients in establishing goals.