Open the Power Point Abstract Artists Pick a Painting Consider the paintings, then pick ONE for yourself. They are all numbered and the artists are listed on the Power Point (see below).
- Wassily Kandinsky # 1, 2, 3
- Mark Rothko # 4, 5, 6
- Kasimir Malevich # 7, 8
- Piet Mondrian # 9, 10, 11
- Clyfford Still # 12, 13, 14
- Jackson Pollock # 15, 16
- Morris Louis # 17, 18, 19
- Frank Stella # 20, 21
- Helen Frankenthaler # 22, 23, 24
- Robert Motherwell # 25, 26, 27
- Kenneth Nolan # 28
- Sandra Duran Wilson # 29
- Sean Scully # 30
For this assignment . . . put down the name of the artist and the number of the artwork you liked. Give at least FIVE reasons why you selected the work you chose. The reasons can be a little vague at times but try to pinpoint them as close as you can. Then see what your Classmates have picked and comment on at least three of them. Please check to make sure everyone gets some comments on their contribution
- Create a heading for your original post identified with your name and the name of the artist and number of the painting you have selected.
- Prepare a quality, substantive post that addresses the objectives & expectations set forth in the grading rubric.
- View the work of your classmates and comment on the work of at least three. Please keep in mind that everyone should receive some comments on their contribution to the blog.
- Due no later than Wednesday, 11:59 pm, CT
- Ensure that participation meets the expectations set forth in the grading rubric.