Assignment 5: Management Careers and Diversity
Due Week 10 and worth 165 points
A company has experienced several lawsuits as a result of equal employment opportunity (EEO) infractions. No diversity training has occurred within the company to date. As a newly promoted manager in this organization, you are given the responsibility to determine the effects of implementing diversity training for all levels of the employees in terms of future litigation and EEO problems. Consider how diversity fits into the scope of organization development and how the organizational leaders may have to change to learn from these lawsuits.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Outline an HR strategic plan that includes diversity training for all employee levels.
- Focus specific diversity training segments to address management’s perspectives.
- Use a change model to persuade management to implement needed modifications to the organization’s practices.
- Propose a brief training outline of diversity content.
- Recommend a comprehensive method of evaluation to ensure the training will create the needed changes.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Reconstruct career management models to achieve career goals.
- Classify management development factors.
- Research organization development and change theories.
- Evaluate the effects of Diversity Training on HRD.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in developing human capital.
- Write clearly and concisely about developing human capital using proper writing mechanics.