Before training is determined or designed, a training needs analysis should be considered to develop a root cause and systemic understanding of the training elements such as what needs to be trained, who needs to be trained, where is the training location, and how the training will be measured. Unless a needs assessment is adequately performed it may be difficult to rationally justify providing training. A needs assessment will enable management to determine if training is the best solution for the performance problem or development need. A needs assessment can be a critical tool for any training department. The learner and the organizational needs will be considered during this process. The objectives will be relevant and the outcomes measurable.
Use the Needs Assessment Template to create a needs assessment for the company.
Cite any sources according to APA formatting guidelines.
Click on the Assignment Files tab to submit your assessment.
University of Phoenix Material
Training Needs Analysis
To understand the development needs throughout the business, COMPANY XYZ would like to have a meeting with you (the training manager) to discuss your department training requirements. In order to provide some structure to the session, Company XYZ asks that you complete the attached training analysis form prior to the meeting.
Some other items you might want to include in your meeting are:
· Organizational Chart
· Job Descriptions
· Training Goals for the department
· Training Goals for the employee’s
· Competency Reports
· Other relevant training data
Your perspective on training development opportunities, along with the data that you provide, will help Company XYZ better understand your goals and help close/support any competency needs your department.
a) The attached form can be completed by clicking in the box below each question and inserting your text.
Training Needs Analysis
Complete the following in a total of 1,050-to 1,400 words.
1. What is your training problem statement or objective?
2. What skills and knowledge are required to perform the work?
3. What are the measures of successful performance of the work?
4. Are people performing at the levels required?
5. Is there under-performance for specific groups of employees?
6. What are the causes of under-performance?
7. What training will help bridge the gap between the standards of performance needed and the actual performance?
8. Is there specific training that is needed in the training triad categories below?
a. Technical training
b.Business skills training
c. Human skills training
9. What is the expected return on the investment (ROI)?
10. What does success look like?
11. Do you have a budget for the training development/course?
12. Any other relevant information?