– Using the definition Awareness of sensation and perception to explain why or why not dolphins have consciousness!
– two to three paragraph explanation
– Specify the definition you are using.Then demonstrate appropriate application of that definition.
– You should describe the creature you are exploring and its behavior for those unfamiliar with it.
– Stick to behaviors that are relevant to whether the creature has consciousness or not under your chosen definition.
– The behavior must be observable! You declaring that a creature “looks fearful/happy/sad” is not on observation, it’s an opinion.
– Present arguments that illustrates your position.
* For example, “Research has shown (citation if available can help) that Orangutans can recognize themselves in the mirror and realize the image they see is a reflection of themselves. This suggests they have awareness of their themselves as separate from the environment and others.”