This week’s journal articles focus on empowering leadership and effective collaboration in geographically dispersed teams, please answer the following questions:
How do geographically dispersed teams collaborate effectively?
Please find at least three tools on the market that teams can use to collaborate on a geographically dispersed team. Please note the pros and cons of each tool.
Based on the research above, note which tool you would select if you were managing the geographically dispersed team and why.
Be sure to use the UC Library for scholarly research. Google Scholar is also a great source for research. Please be sure that journal articles are peer-reviewed and are published within the last five years.
The paper should meet the following requirements:
3-5 pages in length (not including title page or references)
APA guidelines must be followed. The paper must include a cover page, an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
A minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles.
The writing should be clear and concise. Headings should be used to transition thoughts. Don’t forget that the grade also includes the quality of writing.
Note: This written assignment is a REQUIRED ASSIGNMENT it is worth one-hundred (100) points. You are required to answer the questions as stated in the assignment question in order to obtain credit for the assignment by the due date. If you do not complete the assignment by the due date, you will receive a zero (0) for this assignment. There is a grading criterion associated with this assignment. Your work will be compared to other’s work, using SafeAssign for plagiarism, so please note that copying other people’s responses will not be tolerated.
Chapter 3 & 4 Journal articles
- Journal Article 3.1: Lucas, J.W. and Baxter, A.R. (2012) ‘Power, influence, and diversity in organizations’, The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 639(1): 49–70.
- Journal Article 3.2: Martinez, A.D., Kane, R.E., Ferris, G.R. and Brooks, C.D. (2012) ‘Power in leader–follower work relationships’, Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 19(2): 142–151.
- Journal Article 4.1: Petty, M.M., Beadles, N.A., Chapman, D.F., Lowery, C.M. and Connell, D.W. (1995) ‘Relationships between organizational culture and organizational performance,’ Psychological Reports, 76(2): 483–492.
- Journal Article 4.2: Bonavia, T. (2006) ‘Preliminary organizational culture scale focused on artifacts’, Psychological Reports, 99(3): 671–674.
- Journal Article 4.3: Walker, R.C. and Aritz, J. (2015) ‘Women doing leadership: leadership styles and organizational culture,’ International Journal of Business Communication, 52(4): 452–478.