1. What are specific strategies that an organization might use to best capitalize on a mixed-age employee base? (Your response must be at least 200 words in length)
2. Compare and contrast the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
(Your response must be at least 200 words in length)
3. From the list below, identify those questions that are questionably legal. Provide justification for your position on each question by citing the applicable law or regulation where appropriate. Rewrite any questionably legal questions that could be used to yield useful information if reworded according to legal guidelines. (Your response must be at least 500 words in length)
a. Do you consider yourself handicapped in any way?
b. Is there a history of chronic illness in your family?
c. Are you planning to start a family soon?
d. How does your military experience relate to this job?
e. We are looking for seasoned professionals; you just graduated from college?
f. Would you mind if I call you by your first name?
g. Given that you are in a wheelchair, how do you think you’ll be able to do this job?
h. We are looking for someone who can effectively relate with college students; you are 47 years old?
i. Are you a smoker or a nonsmoker?
4. Researchers have debated whether people are overweight because they are poor or are poor because they are overweight. How might these two factors affect each other? Please justify your response. (Your response must be at least 200 words in length)
5. What recommendations would you make to help large organizations with recognized diversity programs reduce the likelihood of unintentional discrimination that managers might show while trying to enforce procedures for dress code? (Your response must be at least 200 words in length)
6. Unemployment and underemployment of non-dominant group members have been well-documented throughout the textbook. How do such employment patterns negatively affect a country’s productivity? (Your response must be at least 200 words in length)
7. Discrimination has persisted in countries all over the world, despite legislation prohibiting it. Briefly describe changes other than legislation that are necessary at the societal level in order to foster a culture of diversity. (Your response must be at least 200 words in length)