Essay: Write a 1000-1800 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. What aspects of brain development underlie the tremendous gains in language, thinking, and motor control of early childhood?
2. Among children who spend much time playing alone, what factors distinguish those who are likely to have adjustment difficulties from those who are well-adjusted and socially skilled?
3. What experiences help children differentiate moral imperatives, social conventions, and matters of personal choice?
4. Explain how the social environment and young children’s cognitive limitations contribute to rigid gender stereotyping in early childhood.
5. Summarize findings on ethnic variations in child-rearing styles. Is the concept of authoritative parenting useful for understanding effective parenting across cultures? Explain.
Berk, Laura E. (2018). Development through the lifespan, 7th ed. Boston, MA: Pearson. ISBN: 9780134419909
- Chapter 7: Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
- Chapter 8: Emotional and Social Development in Early Childhood