Today, and because of limited resources, the focus is on data-driven decisions. Examples of such decisions include mergers and acquisitions, changing employees’ work schedules, hiring and firing of employees, promotions, and the expansion/reduction of business operations. Think about the last time that you or your manager had to make a decision that impacted different stakeholders within the organization. This decision was of an ethical nature and the final decision will be viewed by some as unfair. To help you formulate your response, please consider the following:
- Was the final decision fair and equitable?
- Were there any obvious biases in the final decision?
- What factors were considered in the decision-making process?
- What could you or the decision maker have done to improve the outcome of the decision?
- How was the decision communicated?
- Were there multiple involved in the decision-making process? If yes, which stakeholders?
Journals has to be 400- 500 words and in APA format.. Include an introduction (describe the situation), six (6) supporting paragraphs (one paragraph for each question), and a conclusion. In your conclusion, reflect upon what you would have done had you had authority over the decision maker. What steps would you have taken to ensure that the decision factored multiple points of view?