On Thursday, March 21, you will watch the folliowing two films in class with the sub:
Transforming Gender (44 minutes) https://vimeo.com/124200023
Transforming History (12 minutes) http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000003740068/transforming-history.html
Then for homework, you must answer the following questions in ESSAY FORMAT (350 words minimum):
- What are the arguments made in each film regarding transgender history and current transgender issues?
- According to the films, what do transgender people want and need today?
- How do the films relate to topics we’ve been discussing in class?
- What did you learn from the films in relations to course discussions, the eText, and other resources we’ve covered?
- Would you recommend these films for use in other human sexuality classes? Why or why not?