1. What is the definition of culture? How does one become part of a culture? Is societal culture based in genetics or environment? How so? What is cultural sensitivity? How does it affect international business?
2. What are the four value dimensions developed by Hofstede? Explain each of them.
3. What are the four critical operational value differences based in culture? Explain each of them.
4. Arab history and culture are based on tribalism. What are the characteristics of a culture based on tribalism? If one of your friends is assigned to do business with an Arabian, what advice should you suggest to him/her?
5. Does the American management style of decision making, a top-down approach, yield more effective results than the Japanese Ringi style of decision making, a bottom-up approach? Provide reasons to support your choice.
6. What are the five stages in the negotiation process? Explain each of them.
7. How do you use the Internet to support negotiations? What are the advantages and disadvantages of e-negotiations?
8. Sometimes undesirable tactics for persuasion are used in international negotiations. What are some of these tactics?
9. In building relationships, what should American negotiators do to increase their chances of success?