Select one of the following health and wellness professionals to interview:
- personal trainer
- certified wellness practitioner (CWP)
- physical therapist
- worksite wellness employee
- exercise leader
- exercise physiologist/specialist
- physical education teacher
- wellness promotion director
You may locate one of these professionals by checking your local hospital, health clinic, doctor’s office, health department office, university, or fitness facility. Contact the individual through email or phone. Introduce yourself and explain that you are completing a class assignment for which you need to interview a health and wellness professional. Request an interview with the individual. Always be professional in your interactions with this individual. Schedule a time to interview the professional and ask the following questions:
- How long have you been working in this occupation?
- What is your educational background? Please include any information regarding associated certifications, licensing, or registrations.
- What is a typical day like for you?
- What do you feel are the most important aspects of an exercise program?
- What should every exercise program include and why?
- How is exercise important to a person’s overall wellness?
- How do you assess a client’s or patient’s fitness level and overall wellness?
- What is your opinion regarding role modeling? How are you a role model for your clients/patients?
- In addition, come up with two questions of your own to ask the professional.
Your discussion response should address the following items:
- Identify and explain the five components of a fitness program discussed in the video The Body in Motion: Fitness, Skill, and Training (Links to an external site.). Did the answers provided by your chosen professional highlight these components?
- Explain the importance of physical fitness to overall wellness.
- Give the name and title of the professional you interviewed, and provide the questions with complete answers from the interview.
Review the video The Body in Motion: Fitness, Skill, and Training (Links to an external site.) prior to completing the discussion. Include the text and one additional scholarly reference correctly cited in APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) to help support your response. See the Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) web pages, as well as the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) document, for additional guidance.