Choose one of the following topics:
- How to communicate effectively in cross-cultural communications
- Providing Constructive Feedback
- Effective Listening Skills
- Using nonverbal and verbal communication effectively
In this assignment you will create an outline which will help you prepare for the presentation you will be giving during Week 4. Using the following steps, you will be able to analyze the audience, content, and context of your presentation. Create an outline that includes the following (each section should include several sentences to clearly describe your plans for your oral presentation):
- Who is your audience for this presentation?
- What may your audience know already about your topic?
- Thesis Statement
- Explain the main idea, goal or purpose of the speech by writing a thesis statement Write one sentence that states the purpose of your presentation. An example could be as follows: The intent of this presentation is to help students understand how to use verbal communication tools to more effectively communicate.
- Opener (1 sentence)
- Use an opening line that hooks your audience and draws them into the presentation. This can be a startling statistic, an excerpt from a book or song, or any other opening that helps your audience understand the context of your presentation.
- Develop the body of the presentation by identifying 3-5 main points you want to include about your main topic.
- Develop a topic sentence for main point #1.
- Develop a topic sentence for main point #2.
- Develop a topic sentence for main point #3.
Conclusion: Ending the presentation:
- Develop the conclusion for your presentation.
- Clincher-A factual statement to close the presentation.
- Give a closing statement that you want your audience to remember about for your presentation.