Missed Pickup Means 30 College Students Lose Chance at Fellowship
Performance Measurement and Reward Systems
Part One. Thirty Points. Use the scenario below to answer the following.
1. 3 points. Identify the problem? Provide a brief summary to justify your conclusion.
2. 2 points. What is the desired performance?
3. 10 points. What performance and reward program(s) would you recommend to improve the situation and enforce the most effective behavior(s),
· If you were the manager of the department responsible for the delivery of mail at UC Berkeley?
· If you were responsible for performance management at UC Berkeley?
4. 10 points. As part of the scenario go to (http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/forms/perfev1.doc) to see the performance appraisal form currently being used at the school to appraise performance.
A. Critique the form.
B. Give five items that you would have appear on the revised form (based on your critique above) that would address the performance issues in the scenario.
5. A. 3 points. Are there any ethical lapses? If so, identify it/them.
B. 2 points. What would you do if you were in the organization where it/they occurred, from a performance management and rewards perspective?