Conduct a search (online or library) to select an organization that promotes health care quality or supports the role of consumer/patient involvement in improving the quality of health care.
Use the information you find to answer the questions below. Please write complete sentences, using proper spelling and grammar. Be sure to provide appropriate APA citations for your references.
- What is the purpose or mission of the organization?
- Who are the stakeholders (interested parties) who are involved the organization?
- What type of work is the organization involved in (e.g. conducting research for developing health care policy, educating the public on health care issues, develop quality measures)?
- Describe the resources the organization offers, such as journals, research articles, promotional materials, or consulting services. Which of them appear to be geared toward quality improvement activities?
- Does the organization recognize high achievement in quality improvement through awards, positive media attention, or some other type of recognition? How might that recognition benefit recipients?
- Explain how the organization helps a health care provider meet external quality requirements.