Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you explain how the portfolio management concept supports an organization’s mission and goals.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Scenario 2: Training on a new process
You are on a project management team for a medical association with three office locations. Each location has five administrative assistants, two records specialists, two transcriptionists, one office manager, three nurses, and three doctors. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) recently changed the standard operating procedure for releasing patient privacy information. All personnel must be trained in the new policies and procedures. Training hours per position are as follows: administrative assistants require 2 hours, records specialists require 3 hours, transcriptionists require 1.5 hours, office managers require 5 hours, and nurses and doctors require 1 hour. All offices reside in the same metropolitan area, within a 30 mile radius.
Define activities for a project based on the scenario you choose. You must include the following:
- Identify the scope of the project.
- Define the needs of the stakeholders.
- Create a WBS for the project.
- List necessary tools and techniques.
- List activities, activity attributes, and milestones for the project.
Sequence the activities in a chart or diagram.
Submit your chart or diagram.
Resources: Your Week Three and Four Individual Assignments and Ch. 9.1.3 & 10.2.3 of PMBOK® Guide
A Project Management Plan has many components. Some aspects of the plan are introduced in future courses in the project management certificate program. For the purpose of this assignment, include only the elements of the Project Management Plan discussed in this course and the preceding course in the project management certificate program.
Create a Project Management Plan in which you include the following:
- The WBS created (from Week 3)
- The activities defined (from Week 3)
- The sequenced activity chart or diagram (from Week 3)
- A human resource plan (from Week 4)
- A 1,400- to 1,750-word Communication Management Plan for your project plan in which you include the following:
- Identifying which communication tools and techniques are most effective for each audience
- Explaining why the methods of communication identified are most effective
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.