Attend two public meetings, one planning commission meeting one other. Many opportunities are out there. The Planning Commission meeting does not have to be SLC. All cities have planning commission meetings. The second meeting should be related to community development. A list of meetings can be found here: https://www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html
Write a critique of the meetings: 800 to 1200 words. Feel free to include graphics or other materials
Please identify the specific meetings you attended.
Please include date and location of the meeting. Purpose of the meeting
Please attached the meeting agenda
Key questions to consider:
- As identified by IAP2 graphic what level of public involvement is occurring at the meetings?
- Review the staff report: What public involvement is occurring prior to the meetings?
- What efforts occurred to include the public?
- How was public input viewed?
- Were comments taken into account?
- How could the public more effectively be included in the meeting?
- What other mechanism were used to receive comments?
- Who attended the meeting? Community stakeholders or just affected parties?
Does the paper tie to readings and graphic provided?